Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Know anyone with a gigantic head?

I mean, a REALLY huge head. Elephant size. Maybe Dumbo's mommy could wear this hat. :(

My Coronet hat is ridiculously huge. I finished it last night, I wasn't really all that thrilled with how the colors pooled but I didn't try to change it so that's my fault. Tried it on ~ nice fit. Snug, not too tight. Warm with the double-up cabled brim.

Fast forward to this morning ~ short little soak in lukewarm water with wool wash ~ roll in a towel, block and dry....what on earth was in that wool wash?!? It's huge. At least a 30" circumference I think. Who has a head that big? Maybe a cow. Not even our favorite cow #12 is gonna wear a handknit Zen String hat, not in my lifetime.

I don't know if I'll frog it and reknit or just use the rest of the ball and reknit. I have plenty left to make another. I'm too sad to think about reknitting for a bit. :( Plus, I've lost Evelyn's earwarmer hat (you know, the adorable one she never wears for more than 3.6 seconds) and haven't seen it in days, so if I have to reknit TWO hats I'm gonna be really bummed.

Right now, I'm too embarrassed to take pictures. I might at some point though. It would be really funny if I could stretch it over Olivia and Evelyn's head at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a major bummer. But I would like to see two heads in it! Happy Halloween!