Monday, October 22, 2007

The before....


And.... (drumroll, please) the after:
My first felted bag! A little *too* felted, perhaps....mental note that even if the pattern specifically says "may take a couple washes to reach desired felting" - check on it anyway!! I left it in the washer for probably 12 minutes with 2 pairs of old jeans. On hot, of course. I did get it to stretch a little bit with some poking and prodding, and I let it dry with some cardboard in the base and so it's actually nice and sturdy. I hid it immediately - I know 2 little blonde-haired girls who would've taken to it immediately! The pattern is Black Sheep Bag's Sophie Bag done in 3-ply merino wool (100 Pure Wool) ~ colorway was called "Heavenly with Blue." I alternated skeins quite often to try and keep it from pooling, but since the skein was basically dyed half light blue/half dark blue, it was hard to keep it from pooling at least a little bit. The last few rows striped nicely. It's a great simple knit, not a single purl stitch in the whole piece! (I like that!) I'll be getting it in the mail soon to my dear friend Lindsay for her birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LindsAy will just love it. It's gorgeous, Annie! Love the before and after shots!