Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Pathetic Quilt Square Attempt!

Okay, so I've been a REALLY bad blogger. Sorry. We had a wonderful family vacation in SD/Colorado and the week before that I was childless but had a whole long to-do list that I tried to finish! (Didn't really. Bummer.)

So here is the first of many posts of crafty stuff. It may take me a few days to get them all done, lol!

First, my first ever quilt square. Ugh. I am not cut out (haha! sorry bad joke) for quilting. See how one edge isn't square? Um, yeah. I first sewed the blue fabric on backwards (doh) and then it wasn't quite big enough all the way to the end and I did not feel like ripping it out. I sent it off to Pin mama quiltlovinlisa to make into a quilt for a mommy who unfortunately lost her 21-month-old daughter just recently. I can't even imagine her pain. We are putting together a "healing hearts" theme quilt for her.

Good thing I'm not going to take up quilting - I bought the fabric at my local quilt shop (and got waaaaay too much, too) and it was spendy!!! Sheesh. Yarn is almost cheaper. ;)

Here's the end result:

No comments: