Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Yummy Colorado yarn!




Oooooh aaaahhhh! Isn't it gorgeous?!? We spent last week with family in Grand Lake, CO and it seems that a person can get a LOT of knitting done in a 15-hour car ride....sooo...I was anxious to buy more yarn and not run out of knitting projects on the ride home! ;) My grandma asked about a LYS at the quilt shop and she directed us to Lonesome Stone Fiber, an alpaca farm in Granby, CO about 15 minutes away. It was soooo cool! We petted a lot of pretty yarn...my grandma bought some 100% alpaca and I got the above yarn ~ 2 skeins of the blue which is 100% superwash merino and slated for a sweater for Evelyn. The pink is 50/50 alpaca/merino and is soooo soft!! They were my birthday present from the wonderful knitting Grandma! Thanks! :D

Oh, and I did not run out of yarn on the way home....I don't really enjoy knitting with teeny tiny weight yarn. Blah! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarn, and cool photo, too! ;)