Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The kindness of others!!

One of my pasttimes is reading/posting on a few internet message boards (rather sad, probably) and among my favorites is The Diaper Pin. The crazy knitting mamas there have helped me a LOT with knitting shorties and I always admire their work!

One of the moms dyed her first yarn recently. I oohed and aahed over it, it was so pretty. It didn't turn out at all how she wanted, because she has a little boy, and it was just too girly. I begged her to sell it to me! ;) She didn't bite. Bummer. Then, she posted pictures of this darling skirty she was knitting with it. I had no idea ~ but she was knitting it for Evelyn!!!! I was so amazed at her generousity. Hours and hours of knitting went into the skirty, I'm sure. It fits her like a glove and it's so beautiful. We are sure to get compliments on it wherever we go!

Here are a few pictures of Evelyn, who apparently only wanted to run away from me:







Classic thumb-in-mouth, curly crazy hair, sweet-looking Evelyn!



Thank you again Patti!! You are so sweet to knit this for us. We love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Have you heard about Resort2kindness? It's a new nonprofit that has sponsors who pay $$$ for charity!!! How cool is that? All you have to do is visit the website and log kind acts that you do for others or receive from others. It's that simple. check it out and tell your friends. www.Resort2kindness.com!

Anonymous said...

This is probably the most amazing blogs Ive go through in a quite prolonged time. The amount of info in here is amazing, like you practically wrote the book around the subject matter. Your weblog is great for any individual who desires to comprehend this subject much more. Great things; please maintain it up!