Monday, March 31, 2008

"Yarn."


Is what Evelyn got from me for her birthday. According to her, that is. I finished this sweater the day before her 2nd birthday, and decided to wrap it up as a gift to her. She enjoyed trying it on, and in general she seems to enjoy wearing her hand-knits. I thought she might like it as a birthday gift. Turns out, it's pretty dull to get a sweater instead of a toy! ;)

So when she opened the sweater, I asked her "what did you get Evelyn?" She plainly stated: "YARN." And tossed the sweater aside. I asked her again later, and got the same response. Well, she is right, anyway!

The sweater is a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern, Baby Pullover. The yarn is a superwash wool from Granby, Colorado - a birthday present from my grandparents. It has a bit of variation in the blue color and it's very pretty on her. Fits well, too. I need to get a picture taken, but she moves too fast much of the time. ;)

No comments: