Sunday, May 27, 2007

First attempt at ruffles




Well, it was frustrating to say the least! I kept screwing up on the pattern, even though it was simple. You knit the same 3 stitches each round, increasing before/after a set of purl stitches then on the next round purl the purl sts and the increases. Not really hard at all! Ugh. And, I think I've got to watch the Knittinghelp.com videos again because I got some big holes with the M1T/M1F increases that I then tried to "fix" and made it worse. Big loops now. Blah!

Well, here's a pic w/ one leg done and it doesn't look too bad from the outside, anyway!
And an overexposed pic (I blame FIL's camera, lol) of the yucky inside loops:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm stalled now because I'm almost out of yarn and my 2nd skein is at home. So, I'm taking a break. I did the first leg with my new 12" Addi turbos and after all that searching for 12" circs, I'm not sure I liked them! Oops. Next shorties I'm going to try knitting both legs at once with 2 longer needles. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Find the quality fertilizer spreaders, ATV & trailer spreaders you need. What are the current problems with nitrogen fertilization in organic farming ? As the N supply is is not very consistent and depends on various parameters (rain temperature, pH, soil type, varieties, etc.). Some for indoor use as well. Special Fertilizer for Root Development.