Thursday, November 8, 2007

"King Castle" Crown and hat updates




Ta da, drum roll please, the "King Castle" (dubbed by Olivia) crown is finished. It looks quite nice, it's perhaps a little small for Evelyn but now I know to knit the next size up for Olivia's. And, Olivia loved it so much, she really really wanted to wear it but I said no because it was drying (and I wasn't lying!). I hid it when she took a nap. She asked about it today again. "Mommy, the King Castle still drying?" Yup, honey, it is. In fact, it will probably be drying until December 25. ;) Mental note: Only took me 2 days to knit, so do Olivia's crown much much closer to Christmas! Hers is going to be purple and lime green.

And, because I know you were all wondering, the drama of the hats has ended quite well. Evelyn's earwarmer hat was in daddy's pickup (whoa! he actually put hats on them? amazing!), still doesn't have a pom-pom. I know they're ridiculously easy to make but I don't really get it. Soon I'll figure it out. And, I put my Dahlia cabled hat in the dryer with some clothes, and it shrunk!! Woohoo! It fits now. I do need to get pictures taken. I wish I had enough yarn left for matching mittens for me, but I probably don't. I have a few pairs of pants for some friends that I'm currently knitting so I may just cast on mittens after that. Or, I could get cracking on those Christmas gifts that I just got yarn for! ;)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Your crown is gorgeous! Mine was such a disaster! Pretty pretty! Great job!